The Wrexham Carnival of Words 2017 saw a wealth of writing produced especially for the Carnival, in the form of the short story competition entries and the Wrexham Workers’ Poems.
Here you can read the two winning stories and the four poems: just click on the links below to download them in PDF.
Short story competition winners
- 1st place – Marie Anne Cope for Two Days
- 2nd place – Peter Jones for Twm Golau
- 3rd place – Gwyneth Marshman for Arnold and the Demons
- 1st place – Gloria Burgess for The Accidental Husbands
- 2nd place – Fiona Holland for Ice
- 3rd place – Barbara Lloyd for Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics